Sunday, December 6, 2009

Season's Greetings

Hi all,
I still don't feel comfy posting my little alien character for the in-progess book. We are working out the style and such still, but once that is complete, then I can't wait to show him off. :) I have a new respect for the process of creating a book. I thought that it would be a simple process of back and forth with minimal changes, but like all things in life, you live and learn. LOL

This is a request for a Christmas card by my daughter. She wanted a blue Christmas fairy, so I stuck her face in this little scene with a made up fairy for what will be a mostly blue and white Christmas card. I am considering making parts of it red and white like a candy cane, so we will see. :)
UPDATE: I added the mostly final file that I created in Photoshop and removed the sketch.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Your daughter had a lovely idea. You might want to have the fairy looking up a little so it looks like they are looking at each other. Cute idea!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I think you are right, Patti. I reloaded one with the fairy's eyes up a little bit. Is it enough, you think?

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I think you are right, Patti. I reloaded one with the fairy's eyes up a little bit. Is it enough, you think?

Patti said...

I think I'd move her whole head up and have her looking a little down. Maybe try it with tissue paper first to see if it works.

Unknown said...

I think you need some details in the girls ear. It's just a flat area of skin.

The snow flakes are really nice.

I think the fairies back arm is bent a little oddly. and the word "Magic" Might pop more if it didn't have the yellow outline.