Sunday, June 21, 2009

Going Out of Town --Ribbett!

This is just a fun little froggie couple catching a love bug. LOL
This is going to be my last post for a few weeks. We are taking a car trip across the country and I might not have access to the Internet (I will definitely go through withdrawal! LOL).
I will be working on some action sequences and story boards when I get back. I don't have a dummy book created yet and that is one of my goals for the summer. I feel really blocked there....I wanted something original for the text, but I am finding that I just get overwhelmed trying to write my own. I might have to choose a standard (like Tom Thumb...just kidding Pete!) and try that.
I will be back in July, so I will try to check in after the first week. :)

3 comments:

pete said...

Hi, Christy.

I like the balance of the piece. You're color choices are good and help to make the frogs pop. I also like the blue outlining - kinda adds a glow to your characters. Your splash of white is also well placed around the heart.

To me, the frog toes facing us directly (middle ones) are slightly exaggerated. Also, I feel like the tongues closely resemble the eyelashes of the princess/queen frog.

Overall, I thinks its very fun and enjoyable to look at. I like how you included the mall details of hearts for eyes. They seem like such a happy couple! :)

Have a nice trip!

As far as choosing a dummy, I went to a website that lists all Grimm stories. From there, I closed my eyes and pointed on the screen...hence Tom Thumb. Good luck choosing yours! :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Okay, thanks Pete! :) I will look for a site like that if I can't come up with a good idea soon. :)

sara.b said...

Adorable Christy! I too love the colors and can see this as a scrapbook sticker or patch. hehe, that's just me. :P

I agree with Pete about the toes, and you could add a bit more thickness to the tongues or the eyelashes to separate the two.

Other than that, I think it's great the way it is! Hope you had a good trip. :)