Sunday, July 25, 2010

going down a different path...

So this is for a brand new idea I have - I have to pitch it to my partner to see if it's even something she'd want to develop a story around...but, if nothing else, it was a fun little drawing that was outside of my usual.

Sort of...I guess I put a lot of what I usually do into this one as well - like the stumpy arms and the eyeballs...but the color and stuff...what do you think?

Nick Jr (Nickelodeon for lil' kids) is coming back to town in the fall and I want to pitch them something crazy.  I started with the three characters - one is a circle with a toe on it's head, another is a triangle, and the third is a one eyed square.

And i always seem to draw my characters running down a path...I need to broaden my bg drawing a bit...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks totally weird to me, but my kid watches Yo Gabba Gabba and that's the strangest thing I ever saw.

pete said...

Nice color, Isaac. I think the characters definitely fit with your style. They're well done for sure.

If anything, I'd say push them closer to the foreground and maybe overlap them. The rear guy is hard to see - and it might make the mountains look like they're looking at all three of them instead of red box guy.

Fun illustration thought. I like how you made the pink sky. It's unexpected but looks great! And the cloud beard (on the mountain on the left) is really a nice touch. Should the right hand one have a visible mouth like the opposing one?

Unknown said...

I definitely need to develop them more - I probably should have figured out some of the color problems before sticking them into a background - so my next step is to redraw the characters side by side and work out their color before revisiting this piece and rework the color. but I'm definitely going to take your comments into consideration when I work on it! Thanks!

Oh - and I'm going to see about making it a bit of yo gabba gabba mixed with some tela tubbies or something. but we'll see...